I can be pretty lazy. In part because my full-time job as a writer in the media industry comes with really long hours of work and in part because I love nothing more than lazing around. So where my meals are concerned, I typically love it when they are:
- Easy to prep. Anything that requires more than 15 mins of prep time, is a huge no-no.
- Quick to cook. So stir-fry and steaming are my absolute go-to. But it’s all the better if it doesn’t require cooking at all.
- Delicious. It should make my belly sing.
- Nutritious. I’m not a nutritionist but I think the body intuitively knows when it’s allowed to indulge in healthy food.
So on a lazy Sunday afternoon such as today, it made sense to throw together something that is exactly this for lunch. Quick and easy, the classic combination of mozarella and tomato makes for a beautiful pairing with garlic ciabatta and chia seed oil. So simple yet so delicious, here’s how you can have a healthily indulgent lunch too.
- 1 packet of mozzarella cheese
- 1 fresh tomato
- A loaf of garlic ciabatta
- Pine nuts
- Chia seed oil
- Place the slice ciabatta into a non-stick pan to warm the bread.
- In the meantime, slice the mozarella and tomato to your preferred thickness.
- Once the ciabatta is warm and soft, remove from pan and drizzle with Chia Seed Oil.
- Top with slices of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of grinded black pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, half a teaspoon of pesto and a spray of pine nuts.
I use Chia Seed Oil instead of the standard Olive oil because the former carries a lighter texture and flavour, which offers good balance to the pesto. If you’re wondering where to grab your bottle of Chia Seed oil, head down to Two Sisters Pantry at Roxy Square. Each bottle is valued at $36 – a fair price for great health.
Two Sisters Pantry is located on the 2nd floor of the non-description mall at 50 East Coast Road.
Hope you’ll enjoy the recipe. ☺️ And if you have other ways of using Chia Seed Oil in your food, do share your thoughts with us in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you.