Weekends! They are as much my favourite days of the week as they are Muffles’. One of the reasons why my little fur ball loves it, is because this is the time that he gets a whole new menu for the week. So what’s cooking in our kitchen for muffles this week?
Spaghetti with Pork Chops & Greens
(This makes four days worth of food.)
what you’ll need:
- 600g of pork loins/lean pork
- 100g of spaghetti
- 50g of green leafy vegetables
- 50g of pumpkin
- Rosemary, oregano and thyme for seasoning
- Season the pork loins with rosemary, oregano and thyme.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente in pot of boiling water with a dash of olive oil.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, put the pumpkin and greens to steam.
- Then heat up a non-stick pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook until the loins have a nice brown char.
- Once everything is cooked, chop them into small, digestible chunks and leave to cool.
The above recipe makes approximately four days (i.e. Eight meals) worth of food. So once it has cooled to room temperature, we portion them out and store it in the freezer to ensure maximum freshness.
Based on his size and weight, Muffles eats 100g per meal, twice a day. If you’re wondering what is the optimal amount of food to feed your fur baby every meal, you can calculate it here.
We hoped you like this recipe as much as Muffles did. Was it difficult to whip up? Did your Fido enjoy it? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below. ☺️